Tuesday, February 10, 2009

2.10.09

Hi I am back, I just spent the weekend at an Athletes In Action retreat. It is a campus crusade fellowship for college athletes. It was very inspirational and gave me a chance to get out of Charlottesville for another weekend. I had a great time with many rival schools and it was cool to hang out with other christian athletes. I can officially say that I DID beat Virginia Tech in dodgeball...that is the first time I have ever beaten them in my career! It was bound to happen somehow!?!?! But on the spiritual side of things, I heard many talks on the retreat but the one that stuck out was on the parable of the pharisee and the tax collector. This parable shows the grace of God and true meaning of Christianity. It's in Luke 18 if you want a refresher. But reflecting on the weekend, I notice how much influence sports teams have on the college campus and community. Our world is so centered around Lebron, Kobe, "superbowl," that we begin to lose our focus. Many people turn this into their own type of idol. We need more Tim Tebow's and Tony Dungy's out there. I am challenging all of us to make a platform out of each of our circumstances. It might not be through sports, but through other things we can make a difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment