Monday, January 26, 2009

1.26.09

The grace of God is magnificent. I am experiencing His grace in the highest degree ever. In the place I am right now, in my walk, I can see how amazing GRACE is. He tells in Romans 8:28 “And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.” His grace is boundless and will sometimes scare you to know that whatever you do in life God has paid the price for all sins in this world. His grace is something that cannot be taken for granted. I remember back when I used think of His grace as a “credit card.” Whenever I sinned, I would just swipe this “grace credit card” and feel better about myself. When really it is not about me AT ALL, but it’s about repairing the damage I created in the my relationship. We need to feel bad about “cheating” on God in our relationship with Him. This reminds me of a story in II Kings Chapter 5 when Elisha healed Naaman of Leprosy. Naaman came to Elisha to be healed, and Elisha sent a servant to tell Naaman to go wash himself in the Jordan River seven times. “But Naaman was wroth, and went away, and said, Behold, I thought, He will surely come out to me, and stand, and call on the name of the LORD his God, and strike his hand over the place, and recover the leper” (vs. 11). Naaman thought that Elisha would come out and wave his hand over Naaman and he would be healed. There was significance in Naaman going to wash his sick body in the dirty Jordan River. He had to wash his body because that’s what was “ugly” in his life. In comparison, God doesn’t want us to just ask for forgiveness about all the sins in our lives. He wants us to go to the cross and be specific about what we are genuinely sorry about. No one is perfect, “for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God” Romans 3:23. But through GRACE we can be forgiven of our misdoings. Try and be more specific in your prayer life this week. Whether is it asking for forgiveness, favor, healing, etc, really get closer to Him by letting him know the wants and desires of your heart. Have a wonderful START to the WEEK!

No comments:

Post a Comment